REASONS TO INVEST IN BURUNDI
- Strategic location in the region offering a big market size.
- Continually Improved Business Climate.
- Fiscal & Customs incentives.
- Unique attractiveness.
- Lake TANGANYIKA beaches offering leisure activities,
- Breathtaking landscape, Kibira rainforest,
- Cultural heritage,
- Burundi drummers.
- Untapped investment opportunities in various sectors.
- Absence of fierce competition.
- Raw material in excessive availability.
- Cheap labour force (80$/month).
- Easy travel to Burundi and the rest of East Africa .
- Promising future perspectives.
Nickel, gold, wolframite, Rare Earth, Vanadium, coltan, etc. Burundi has 6 % of world reserves of nickel with 180 million tones estimate. Research of Uranium is underway.
Hydro & solar power plants construction.
Coffee, tea, cotton, palm oil, fish, raw hides, fruits and vegetables, etc.
soft drinks, carbonated waters, dark glass bottles, beer, cigarettes, sugar, soaps, etc.
Roads construction, Maritime transport on Lake Tanganyika, Air Burundi and Makamba-Musongati-Gitega railway construction .
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES (CTD)
- Health & Educational infrastructure .
- Tourism (High standard 4 or 5 stars hotel with an international conference center, Supermarket, Malls)
- Financial Institutions (Banking & micro-financing).
- Information Technology & Communication.
- Real Estate and Government Buildings construction.
- Special Economic Zone & Wire house and Cooling depot at Bujumbura Airport.
PRIORITY/ STRATEGIC SECTORS
- Agriculture/agro-processing including fisheries and livestock
- Energy & Mining
- Manufacturing/ Processing Industry